Guess did it for me!

Posted by Anita on ,
About two years back, I was on a major hunt for the perfect red bag. I didn’t want just about any bag in red colour, what I wanted was a bag with personality, something that would make me happy even on my worst days. After two months, the hunt for the “perfect red bag” was getting on my nerves. I was shown tacky vinyl bags, extremely uncomfortable to take in the Delhi heat; massively oversized bags in which I could hide myself if the need arose; tassled bags (cheap copies of Gucci’s Hobo bag) or “party bags” with enough bling that you needed sunglasses. Ultimately, frustrated, I gave up my search. But, my elder sister didn’t. When she came to visit me, she gifted me the most fabulous bag – it was red, it was perfect, it was Guess!

From the moment I slung the Guess bag over my shoulders, I knew this was the right bag for me. And why not, it saw me through job interviews and date nights. It saved my mobile and cash from getting soaking wet during Delhi’s recent deluge. It has received appreciative glances and polite where-did-you-buy-it from curious passerbys. In the two years since I started using the bag, I haven’t faced a single zipper failure, or a loose stud/buckle mishap.

Sure the bag was expensive. Would I have bought it on my own? I don’t know. But the one thing I do know is that my Guess bag isn’t just a holder of my possessions. It wasn’t conceived by Marciano for random consumption. It was designed, crafted and labeled with love for one special lady. And when you chance upon such a perfect fit, you don’t question the “what ifs’ you just take it as your right.



My Guess Bag


Close-up of the front buckle. The leather is a self embossed snakeprint.



Side pouch with dull gold stud details

0 comments:

Post a Comment