Happy feet

Posted by Anita on , ,
If I had it my way, I would have named this blog as shoegal.blogspot. From the time I started earning my own two pennies, I started my investments in shoes. The way I saw it, my feet size had finished "growing” and unlike my body, they will remain a Bata size 4 or a 361/2 (depending on where I buy my shoes from) till the day I die. And among all my recent purchases, my black stillies occupy the pride of place. At this point, a little history behind this purchase might be appropriate. Last Christmas, I had gone to Australia on a holiday. On the flight itself, I made up my mind on two things - a) I will buy a pair of red carpet worthy heels b) the said heels must be bought within a day or two otherwise I might end up spending money all my money on worthless things. I had been informed earlier that all major shopping should be done on 26th December, Boxing Day aka Australia’s biggest sale day aka shopping nirvana.

On the said date, I reached Meyer's , one of Australia's most popular malls. It resembled Mumbai's Victoria terminal. Women of all shapes, sizes and colour were teeming over the place. Me and my sisters split up. Whatever shoe stuck our fancy, we grabbed it, and this was no mean feat considering that we are all 5 footers while our fellow shoppers towered over us by several inches. I tried out all the pairs, but got no "message". I had assumed that at least one of the 17 pairs that I had selected would fit the bill. Disappointed hardly covers my feelings at that time. My sister, a more patient kind, told me to look around a bit more. I took her advice; after all she had got me my fabulous red Guess bag, so obviously she knew what she was talking about. And then, I found it - a pair of black Steve Madden (Steven by Steve Madden to be more precise) - a stunner and oh it was luxe! interesting bijoux, soft leather soles with suede covering, skinny satin straps, and deadly 5 inch heels. A killer pair, nuff said.





0 comments:

Post a Comment