The week that was!

Posted by Anita on
Monday to Friday can be a hectic time for all of us who work in a corporate set-up for a living. And mine was especially bad. First, I missed a deadline. Second, my reporting manager left for greener pastures. Third, I was going to the pot, literally (the effects of two very tasty samosas consumed with glee on my way back home). Fourth, all my crops had died while I was enjoying the not so pleasant after effects of the said samosas. By the end of the week, the stage was set – the only thing that can lift me from this morass of a woefull week was a shopping spree.

But in an angst ridden 21st century, nothing is simple: two of my fellow shoppers on whom I can count for expert advice related to colour, size and what would suit me were unavailable and, I was short of cash (newspapers say that recession is over, my CEO says we still have to ride rough times…GOD I wish they make up their minds on which way the wind is blowing).

Not to be undone, I resorted to underhand tactics and secured the services of an extremely reluctant fellow shopper - a metalhead whose preferred choice of attire is a black tee of his favourite band “Iron Maiden”. Fashion advice was not forthcoming from any quarter, responses ranged from lukewarm “nice” to “what is this? Which way do you wear it?” Notwithstanding these obstacles, I still managed to get what I wanted.

Here’s my loot:

  1. Peach pin tuck shirt with buttons (great for layering)
  2. Black jersey dress with layered tie-and-dye at the bottom
  3. Graphic tees (Simpson + electro monkey tees)
  4. Blue polka dotted Lerros jacket with hood
  5. Pink skirt with red mini hearts print ( love the print)

0 comments:

Post a Comment